Your Strong Advocate In Child Support Cases

Children are entitled to financial support from both parents. Many factors are used to determine the amount of support a parent is obligated to pay.

At the Media law offices of Louis Wm. Martini, Jr., P.C., we help parents throughout Delaware County obtain and enforce child support orders that are fair and provide parents with the resources they need to raise their children. Let us be your advocate, too.

Determining The Amount Of Child Support

In Pennsylvania, child support obligations are based off of state guidelines. The guidelines consider a variety of factors, including:

  • The income or earning capacity of each parent — If a parent refuses to work, an income will be imputed based upon his or her education, training and work experience.
  • Child custody orders — When time is split more evenly between households, child support obligations are less.
  • The number of children being supported
  • Child care expenses

Parents with high incomes may have increased child support obligations that take into consideration increased compensation and unique child care costs such as sporting lessons and private school tuition.

Child support issues typically arise during the divorce process or during child custody disputes. These legal processes can often become heated. If you need to go to court to protect your financial rights, you need an experienced lawyer by your side.

Attorney Louis Martini has more than 20 years of experience protecting his clients' interests in and out of the courtroom. He isn't afraid of a fight and knows how to build strong, successful cases that get results.

Enforcing Support Orders

Raising a child is expensive. You should not be stuck paying for the costs of your child's care alone. If your child's other parent has failed to pay court-ordered child support, you have legal rights. Some of the penalties for failing to pay court-ordered child support include:

  • Forced community service
  • Suspend professional licenses and driver's licenses
  • Deny a passport application
  • Place a lien on real property
  • Seize a bank account or tax refund
  • Issue an arrest warrant
  • Hold the individual in contempt of court

At Louis Wm. Martini, Jr., P.C., we help clients force their child's other parent to pay back child support owed.

We are here for you. Contact us at 610-492-7122 for a free consultation today.