Louis Wm. Martini, Jr., P.C.
Over 20 years Of Family Law Experience In Pennsylvania

December 2017 Archives

Non-custodial parents can be a significant part of child’s life

It can be hard to raise your children if you have less parenting time than your ex has. As the non-custodial parent, you might feel as if your job is less important. At the law offices of Louis Wm. Martini, Jr., P.C., we understand that you want to enjoy every minute you spend with your children when you have a minimum of visiting time. We also know that you and other non-custodial parents in Pennsylvania are just as important to your children as the other parent.

What is the Address Confidentiality Program?

If you are a Pennsylvania resident who is a victim of domestic violence such as sexual assault, stalking or other domestic abuses, the state has many resources available to you in order to protect your future safety and that of your child(ren). Per the Pennsylvania Coalition Against Domestic Violence, one of the most effective and popular resources is the Address Confidentiality Program.

Is Pennsylvania a community property state?

If you are a married Pennsylvania resident contemplating divorce, you probably are wondering how assets accumulated during a marriage are allocated during a divorce. FindLaw explains that while Pennsylvania is not a community property state, whatever property you and your spouse acquired during your marriage, including all money earned by each of you, is considered to be marital property. This property, however, is not necessarily owned jointly by you and your spouse, nor will it necessarily be divided equally between you and your spouse when you divorce.

Will child support payments cover all my expenses?

Pennsylvania parents who get a divorce will also need to go through the process of figuring out child support payments. These payments are designed to alleviate some of the financial stress that result from a house's income suddenly being halved. But do child support payments make up for all of the missing costs?

When can grandparents get custody?

If you are a Pennsylvania grandparent who is concerned about the safety and/or welfare of your grandchild, you may be wondering if there is any way you can get custody of him or her. There is. Under Section 5324 of the Pennsylvania Code, you may file a petition seeking physical and/or legal custody of your grandchild if you are willing to assume responsibility for him or her and if your relationship with him or her is court-ordered or began with the consent of your grandchild’s parent(s). In addition, one of the following three conditions must be met:

Review Us